March is Productivity Month here at Smart Passive Income, and I’m kicking it off with a very special interview with Cal Newport, author of the game-changing productivity book, Deep Work.
Cal caught on to the radical applications of “deep work” when he noticed how a particular approach to focus was transforming his productivity. Deep work, as Cal defines it, involves focusing intensely on cognitively demanding tasks. It’s transformed both his workday output and his life at home, and he’s joined me today to explain how.
In this episode, Cal explains the practice of deep work, reveals strategies for building your deep work skills, and shares more of his favorite tactics for maximizing productivity. His approach builds on the ideas explored in some of my favorite productivity manuals, like The One Thing, and opens up a fascinating new frontier of ideas on how to get the most out of our workdays.
As a parent with big dreams for both my personal life and my career, I’m passionate about optimizing my time spent working. I was blown away by Cal’s approach to staying focused, and I can’t wait for you all to hear and benefit from it, too!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Special thanks to Cal for joining me this week. Until next time!
- The experience that inspired Cal to embrace productivity.
- How to identify deep work.
- Why deep work is more like a skill than a habit.
- Activities that will train your brain to do deep work.
- Cal’s favorite, game-changing study habit.
- Tips for leaving work behind at the end of the workday.
- Advice for identifying a career you can be passionate about.
- Why Cal believes we need to change the way we use social media, and more!
- Deep Work
- Pat’s Book Club
- How to Become a Straight-A Student
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You
- The One Thing
- Quit Social Media
$99 Power Pack of services, free!
My course on how to choose, test, and launch your business idea!